The Transformation of MSK Physiotherapy Services – a practical example
Friday 17 January 2020 12:30pm
What can services in England learn from a Scottish experience? General practice in Midlothian is currently experiencing considerable capacity and sustainability challenges, with MSK making up a significant proportion of this demand. Half the practices were operating with restricted lists as a result of increasing demand: a demand which is predicted to quickly rise as the influx of new housing has resulted in Midlothian being the fastest growing local authority area in Scotland.
The transformation of physiotherapy services aimed to address some of these challenges. The webinar will cover:
- An overview of the changes we have made within MSK physiotherapy over the last 2 years
- The introduction of first contact physiotherapists as an alternative to a GP for MSK conditions
- The role of the core MSK rehabilitation team
- Challenges we have encountered along the way
- Where we are now and next steps.
Debbie Crerar – Lead Physiotherapist, Midlothian Health and Social Care Partnership
Jennifer Mulvey – Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner in Primary Care, Midlothian Health and Social Care Partnership