ARMA event: Physical activity and musculoskeletal health
Encourage more of your customers with long term conditions to be more active.
Tuesday 3 December 2019
The We are Undefeatable campaign is encouraging people with long term conditions to be more active. Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions are the most common long-term conditions, affecting around 10 million people in the UK of all ages. Being more active is beneficial to people with MSK conditions in almost all cases, so these messages will be reinforced by doctors.
- Do you know how to make your services accessible to people with MSK conditions?
- Are your staff members confident to support someone in pain to exercise?
- Do they understand how being more active benefits people’s mobility and can reduce pain?
If the answer to any of the above is ‘no,’ then you may be turning away valuable customers when you could be helping them to improve their health. This event will help you change this. Be part of the solution to improving their health.
You will learn:
- The different types of MSK conditions and how physical activity can help them
- Understanding pain, how to support people in pain who want to be active, and why you should.
- How to create a comfortable environment for people who may struggle to be active and keep them coming back
- Specialist programmes and activities you could consider including in your offer
- Social prescribing and engaging with your local NHS
Who should attend?
- Staff working in gyms, leisure centres, swimming pools, any provider of activity.
- Companies and voluntary organisations providing activities such as running or cycling clubs, walking groups, etc.
- Local government leisure services and public health staff.
Register your interest
Complete this form to be informed when bookings open.