NHS England and the Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA) are delighted to be hosting a South East Regional Musculoskeletal (MSK) one-day conference on Tuesday 28 November 2017 at the Arora Hotel, Crawley. The event is sponsored by NHS England and ARMA and is part of their joint MSK programme and will be organised by the Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network.
Register now! using this link: www.eventbrite.co.uk/the-whole-system-msk-event.
The South East System MSK event will promote a coherent approach to transforming MSK services across the region by working directly with South East Sustainability Transformation Plans (STPs) footprints to support improvement in the quality of MSK care. Throughout the day we’ll be:
- promoting best practice by sharing local case studies
- looking at what’s working well and what’s not
- understanding trend data relating to MSK pathway
- explore data sources and national tools to help us gain insight into making much needed improvements
- exploring what this means for service delivery at a local level
Chaired by Mr Nigel Acheson, Regional Medical Director (South), NHS England and Professor Anthony Woolf, ARMA chair confirmed topics and speakers include:
- Musculoskeletal conditions: a national perspective, Professor Peter Kay, National Clinical Director, NHS England
- A public health approach to musculoskeletal care, Dr Benjamin Ellis, Consultant Rheumatologist/Senior Clinical Policy Advisor, Arthritis Research UK
- Getting It Right First Time – Regional Variation, Mr Mike Hutton, Spinal Surgery Clinical Lead, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Local case studies: a series of presentations on good practice examples
By conference close, we hope to have identified and agreed local priorities and actions which will have the greatest impact for this patient group.
This free event is for all professionals from the rheumatic and MSK community including commissioners, patient representatives, relevant clinicians, primary, secondary and community care. The event will be hosted at The Arora Hotel, Crawley on Tuesday 28 November, 9.30 – 4.00pm. Please share this invitation with any colleagues you feel would also benefit from attending.
For full conference details and to book your place, please use the link below:
We look forward to seeing you there and transforming our local MSK care services together.
NHSE, ARMA and KSS AHSN