ARMA Corporate Partnership
All of ARMA’s corporate partners are governed by ARMA’s corporate partnership policy.
To read the policy click here.
ARMA is a small charity, funded by membership fees and corporate support to enable us to deliver our vision and strategy. We are an umbrella body representing the breadth of musculoskeletal conditions and professions. We accept support from partners in line with our corporate partnership policy which is designed to ensure that we maintain our independent voice.
Our vision for musculoskeletal (MSK) health:
- The MSK health of the population is promoted throughout life;
- Everyone with MSK conditions receives appropriate, high quality interventions to promote their health and well-being in a timely manner.
Why MSK health is important
Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions include a broad range of conditions affecting bones, joints and muscles, including arthritis, pain syndromes and conditions of the immune system. Between them, these conditions:
- Affect around ten million people in the UK.
- Are a major cost to the health service – the third largest programme budget for the NHS.
- Are the leading cause of years lived with disability in the UK, impacting on people’s ability to live full active lives and contribute to the community.
- Are one of the two main causes of sickness absence, impacting on employers and the economy.
- Are often preventable, or can be improved through self-management, physical activity and diet.
- Are associated with many other conditions, including mental health problems.
Good musculoskeletal health underpins our ability to live well and independently. Musculoskeletal health concerns us all.
Benefits of corporate partnership
- Engagement with debates around MSK healthcare and policy.
- Demonstrating thought leadership in an important area of health policy.
- Promoting your brand to ARMA audiences which include clinicians, policy makers and commissioners.
There is a range of ways corporate partners can support ARMA’s work. Talk to us about which option might best meet your needs.
- Multidisciplinary working conference – promoting the importance of MSK health and showcasing good practice in MDT working. A one-day event bringing together a wide spectrum of professionals. Various levels of involvement from lead sponsor to exhibiting.
- Our flagship annual lecture – Each year the ARMA lectures attract an audience of senior influencers and decision makers in the musculoskeletal and wider health sector, including NHS England and Public Health England.
Pain programme – Following a roundtable on pain in 2019 ARMA will be looking to drive the importance of support for people living with chronic pain up the agenda, including the need for availability of sufficient community-based services to meet the high level of need. Plans include a position statement on pain, survey of IAPT (increasing access to psychological therapies) services provision of IAPT-MSK pain, webinars and industry partners meetings.
Webinar sponsorship – Promote your brand by supporting ARMA’s work to spread good practice in MSK health. We have a range of topics which appeal to different audiences and we are open to suggestions for good practice we can feature in future webinars. This is a good option if you want to reach an audience with an interest in a specific aspect of MSK health. Includes recognition in the webinar, including the recording, and through our social media and other promotion.
Contact us to discuss how you might be able to benefit from partnership with ARMA.