The new and improved hypermobility.org
The new HMSA website is something a lot of people have been working on in the background for quite some time, a process complicated by the collapse of the old site at the worst possible moment. TeamHMSA is bursting at the seams with excitement, not least because of some of the new functionality the site has, including:
- A brand new dedicated Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSD) section.
- Simple content submission – if you love writing about your experiences/blogging, you will be able to send content directly to us
- Fundraisers can set up their own pages/events, and anyone can donate directly.
- Apply to volunteer for the HMSA using a simplified direct process.
- Dedicated Kids Zone
- Dedicated video section
- Dedicated blogs area
- Become an HMSA member directly, bypassing the separate shop. New payment methods are now available, including an option for automatic membership renewal.
- Subscribe to a new ‘occasional news’ email list
- The new interactive site is much cleaner, tidier and far more user-friendly!
The site is not ‘complete’, in the sense that it doesn’t have all the content on it yet, but all key information has been transferred and we’ll be adding the remaining information along with new material over the coming weeks and months. We hope you’ll love it as much as we do. We’d like to say a massive thank you to our volunteers for pulling this together while keeping up with their ‘normal’ volunteering positions too!
Our members are the reason we do what we do, thank you so much for your patience while we’ve been beavering away on the invisible technical back-end of things. We are spoiled by the generosity of the members and supporters we have; it’s a genuine pleasure to work for you and make a difference, however small, to so many people simply by sharing our experience, tips, short cuts and sympathy. We remain committed to our core values: that quality information is vital for everyone; that there’s always something that can be done; that no-one should ever feel alone and that we really are all better off together. These last few months you’ve proved that back to us and we’re profoundly grateful for your patience and encouragement.
You can find the new site at hypermobility.org. We have heard a few people are having issues getting past cached versions of the old website on some mobile devices. If that is you, please visit hypermobilityshop.org (our old shop), and use the ‘click here’ link to reach the new site. This should refresh your browser and get you to the shiny new site with all its bells and whistles!
The team are now catching their breath while we settle into our new surroundings and iron out any little bumps that pop up, so please bear with us, more exciting new changes are ahead and we simply can’t wait to share them; but first, we are (in the most ‘on brand’ way possible) pacing ourselves!
All the best,