On October 12th 2013, as part of Lupus Awareness Month, LUPUS UK hosted a lupus information day in Cambridge. Over 260 people came from Cambridge and the surrounding counties for presentations on a variety of ‘lupus subjects’.
The guest speakers and presentations included –
- “Current and future treatments for lupus” – Dr David Jayne (Head of Vasculitis & SLE Service)
- “Lupus associated conditions – Raynaud’s and Sjögren’s?” – Dr Frances Hall (Consultant in Rheumatology)
- “Lupus, the skin and hair” – Dr Abby Macbeth (Research Fellow in Dermatology)
- “Making the most of your energy and managing stress” – Julie Burkin (Occupational Therapist)
- “Benefits and Pitfalls of exercise and nutrition” – Wadge Grzelak (Sports Scientist)
- “The role/benefits of a lupus specialist nurse” – Jane Hollis (including patient speakers – Hena Begum & Katie Sadler)
A full write up and video footage of the presentations will be available for those who weren’t able to attend.
Keep an eye on www.lupusuk.org.uk to see them.