Adopting a collaborative approach to orphan rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases
On the 26th November 2015, the British Society for Rheumatology (BSR) will host a workshop entitled Rheumatology and Rare Conditions – adopting a collaborative approach to orphan rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases. The aim of the event is to raise the profile of rare rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs) in national policy frameworks, highlight the challenges facing patients and services and facilitate greater collaboration across the sector.
The workshop will bring together representatives from rare condition charities, local specialised rheumatology leads, and key policy makers in national specialised commissioning, to discuss the emerging challenges and potential solutions to address these. It will be delivered through a series of presentations and facilitated break-out sessions.
The event will explore strategies to:
- raise the priority of rare RMDs in the UK rare disease strategy
- strengthen the evidence base for rare RMDs
- promote the development of local co-ordinated network for specialised rheumatology and facilitate direct clinician and patient voice engagement with NHS England Specialised Commissioning teams
- improve diagnosis, referral and access to medicines for people with rare conditions
- encourage collaboration and shared learning across overlapping rare disease areas
If you’re interested in attending the workshop or contributing to the content of the event please contact email@example.com.